Monday, January 31, 2005

26. Fun in the powder


Well after five days of Niseko powder I understand why people keep coming back for more. It is pretty good stuff and apart from the odd queue, it is pretty open.

There was little reprieve, all you need to do was go out to be covered in snow, that said I do think I took a tumble just before that pic.

Here is an example of what came down daily. The car on the left shows the amount that fell in a day, well over my hand print in the snow. On the right, it's up to my knees.
I was able to do a few runs that were well over 2k's and would be lucky to see my skis once, yep it was that good.
The village isn't too bad apart from a few obnoxious Aussies, plenty of good cheap food too, crab ramen and beer for two is under $40 which is pretty amazing when that amount gets a pie and chips for one on most Australian mountains.